Question from stephanie_bolt

What are Jacks tattoos?

I was wondering why Jack has chain tattoos on his wrists. I'm sure it has something to do with Ryans "Great Chain", But I'm just curious if there was something that explains it in depth.

From: blackhrt 3 years ago

The game never really says what his tattoo represents. You can really only gather small pieces of evidence from radio messages and what frank fontaine tells you. It is a mark of Ryan & Fontaine. Not really a slave mark but a signature so others in Rapture (like tenenbaum, suchong, etc.) could instantly recognize Jack no matter the age.

Well you could look at it any way you want. Ryans Great Chain or a slave mark. But likely it's just there to leave you scratching your head? So look at it however you want. (Sorry if it sounds like I was being rude, it was not intended.)