Review by ChrisHansen_NBC

"No wonder the good folks at Next Gen Gaming call this BioGod"

Now, BioShock is the best game I ever played. No question about it. The atmosphere is great. Probably the best part, it is dark and creepy but keep you coming back for more. BioShock is the successor to System Shock and System Shock 2. Both are great games. BioShock is being published by 2K games. Everything from the shooting to graphics to sound is amazing.

Story 10/10

The game takes place in a city under water. It's called Rapture. Basically the city is cut off from the rest of the world but it's totally like able to make its own economy. Basically make own food, entertainment, etc. So you don't need outside support. You have special powers with Plasmids like electricity. Other then that the story isn't a big deal because this is a shooter and I want to shoot things. BioShock is great at that. Shooting things and looking cool while doing it.

GamePlay 10/10

Not only in terms of shooting is BioShock really good but the plasmids is what makes BioShock really unique. You can use electricity and the surrounding water to fry your enemies. There is so much to do. Different plasmids give you different options. The atmosphere is really creepy and makes this game scary. I always liked scary games, so the atmosphere was really cool for me. A lot of the fights are intense too. Even the regeneration is good. The regeneration is when you die you actually respawn. This way it isn't frustrating. I don't want to restart an entire level.

Sound 10/10

What can you say. The music is really good. The sound effects are awesome too. The background noise is really immersive. I have to say this area is a 10 also.

Graphics 10/10

Wow! BioShock even looks better then Gears of War. I never thought that would be possible. It's now possible on the Xbox 360. Gears looked great but BioShock looks better. The reason is BioShock has more colors.

Final Score 10/10

It doesn't get better then this. I can't think of any game being better then this. BioShock is the best game I have ever played. I have played a lot too. For those that will finally get there game next week you are in for a treat!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/07