Review by viewtifuldahaka

"BioShock: Well-Deserved Hype or Underachieving Failure?"

BioShock is the latest game by 2K games. It's been hyped and hyped for its graphics, gameplay, and atmosphere. But does it really live up to the hype? Find out.

The story of BioShock is intriguing and cool. I'm not gonna go into much detail, but basically, you take a submarine to some underwater utopia called Rapture. But, of course, it's messed up. Like every utopia. Darned power-hungry morons. Hanging FTW! Anyways, it's a spine-tingling, awesome storyline that I don't wanna spoil.

These graphics are a monster. Awesome. Heart Stopping. Then why did I give it an 8/10 only? Because there aren't too many character models. The little sisters all look the same, there are about two or three big daddy variations, and about five splicers. Now, in COMPARISON (Yes, comparison, not bias), Halo 3 has... grunts, drones, elites, brutes, hunters, prophets, humans, etc. All in different colored armors and skins. Mass Effect has... don't even make me count. When the full game comes out, I'll tell you.

The gameplay is pretty nice and all, considering that there are plasmids to help you customize. That's a huge plus. On the minus side, the vita-chambers are really dumb. Like Peter Griffin. Or Chevy Chase. Or George Bush. Anyways, during fights w/ big daddies, you can just run 'n' gun over and over again. When you die, the damage stays on the brute. Fun. Hmm hmm hmm... let's go take a stroll. Oh, wow! There's a big daddy! Let's go run and gun! Fighting is kind of dumb too, cuz the enemies can't keep their loud mouths shut when they're stalking you. They always blab before trying to kill you.

Replay Value: 8/10

This is the part of the review where I may be a little biased. I'm a multiplayer kind of guy. Since BioShock doesn't have MP, that kind of just ruined it for me. The story is fun, but no MP? Come on, this is what? The millionth FPS? Can't you add just deathmatch? Co-op? No? Too bad.

8/10