Review by Emprex

"An amazing game"

Story - 10
Usually I am not too big on story, but its hard to ignore the story here. The story is really good. It always keeps you on your toes. The story is about a guy who is in a plane crash and after the crash he finds himself in a place call Rapture. Rapture is a underwater city. In this city, the previous people made it really high tech and stuff. Anyways something went wrong and now their are monsters like splicers and BIG Daddys! running around. You'll find out some cool stuff about Rapture and why things are the way they are. The story is really good.

GamePlay - 10

I really like the gameplay because you can switch between shooting things and using plasmids. I like to switch between the two because it keeps things fresh. It's always fun to shoot a splicer with lightning to stun them and then pull out your wrench to to wack them with it. By pressing the right and left trigger, you can toggle between different options to make a sweet looking kill. It makes you feel like you're unstoppable. There are also some rpg elements in here as well. You can upgrade slots to hold more plasmids and upgrade your health. The rpg elements are not too heavy but there is enough to make BioShock feel a little different from other rpgs.

Sound - 10

The sound is great. The noise in the background is scary as heck. The voices chattering makes you feel like you are in a horror movie. The people doing the voices were very good. I felt like I was watching a movie. Overall, very dramatic!

Graphics - 10

The water looks the best in any game I have seen. The graphics are one of the best on the Xbox 360. I would say Gears of War is a little better but BioShock holds its own. The water is really great to look at. Ths is great because there are plenty of water flowing through Rapture.

Replay - 9

Different ways to play makes it high in replayability. It doesn't have multiplayer which is kind of saddening. The different ways to play makes up for it though. You will want to play once to harvest the little sisters and once to rescue them to see the difference.

Final Score - 10 (out of 10)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/24/07