Review by ghmgmmjmgm

"Very elegant and entertaining."

WOW! This game gripped me from the off. As soon as the opening sequence came on, I was entranced. The visuals were simply immense with a story line to match.

One of the greatest things about the game is the variety of different opposition you come across, there are plenty for all gamers. Different abilitys and weaknesses. Outstanding. Another fantastic feature on Bioshock is the use of 'plasmids'. These are powers you can use by injecting EVE into your bloodstream allowing to use a variety of powers including: incinerate (fire) and electro bolt (electric). Worked well with the games superb story line.

Another great things is the upgrading system. You can customise the weapons with upgrades and a variety of different bullets. Different bullets for different enemies. Very well thought of and placed into the game.

Yet another great feature on this game is the way the creators have placed vending machines in odd places to provide you with ammo, health kits, and evo hype (very clever method). All for a reasonable price, which of course can be changed with the introduction of a thing called hacking. This allows you to lower the prices on stock in the vending machines and it also adds more products to the vending machine. This is a very clever way of tying this into the game.

It also has good value for money because the play time is rather lengthy for a game of the first person shooting genre. This is one of the topics in which I think this game surpasses the Halo series.

Overall I think this game has had a very go at by 2k games, a game well worth buying.
Absolutely immense. If Halo wasn't in the First person shooting genre, this would be the best, even now its a very close second.

One flaw I can say about this game that it is really really addictive ( not a flaw really) its just once you start you just can't stop. It really hooks you and reels you in and doesn't let go.

The only other flaw I can possibly say about this game is the fact that you can't really play it over and over again, the only motive that the game offers you to play it again is that there is a alternate ending which is quite a shame. In my opinion not a good enough motive as the ending isn't to well worked, a poor finish to an absolute peach of a game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/08/07

Game Release: BioShock (EU, 08/24/07)