Review by googleplex53

"BioShock - Worth Everything I Spent"

You're walking down a dark hallway. A dim light is at the end. What's that? A shadow. You pull out your wrench. You know you can take down whatever it is pretty quick. Then you hear, "Come on Mr. Bubbles, there are angels around here." and you know that it's more than you though. You take out your grenade launcher and turn around the corner and see a Big Daddy and Little Sister walking down the hall. Normally you wouldn't attack the Big Daddy but you need to get the Little Sister. You fire. The Big Daddy, which has a menacing drill as a hand, turns, and lunges. You barely miss him, and turn to fire. But you don't have any more ammo! Why didn't you notice this before?! It's too late now, the Big Daddy lunges again and kills you. But you're ready to attack him again, all in the great game that is BioShock.

Well, let me first say that this is one of the better games I've played, and I needed to write a review for it. So here I am. I broke this review into 4 sections: Graphics, Sound, Gameplay, and Replay Value.

Graphics - 10/10
The graphics in BioShock are incredible. In the beginning of the game, you rise from the surface of the ocean after crash-landing, and the graphics in just this beginning part are so amazing, I thought it was still a cutscene and sat in front of my TV for a minute waiting for something to happen. They're truly amazing and better than any other game I've ever played.

Sound - 8/10
The sound in this game is great. The only reason that I made it 8/10 is because the enemies, if you don't attack them, will say the same thing over and over again. The 50's music that is playing when you're walking through a room of bloody dead corpses is just my style and makes the game more frightening. And they have so many sounds that are playing, you just have to wait and take it all in.

Gameplay - 10/10
This game has the greatest single player I have ever seen. It puts you in a giant underwater city, it's long, and has a great plot. You literally get so into the game that you don't want to put down the controller. I personally love the FPS Horror games, and this is why. As far as scaring the crap out of me, BioShock gets a 8/10. There are some parts in the game where I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from screaming. But that's for a different review. The AI is incredible. When you lower and enemy's health to much, they actually try to run to a healing station to get back to full health. Every enemy acts as you think it would. They don't just sit around waiting to be killed. They're actually doing something. I think that just the gameplay makes this game worth every penny.

Replay Value - 8/10
Overall, Bioshock has an amazing story. I don't even know why people want online multiplayer. How would they even set that up? Well, anyway, BioShock's story is so great, and there are so many options. You could play the game differently in so many ways, different plasmids, gene tonics, and exploring new areas. It's one of those games that will be sitting in you game library five years from now. You'll look at it and say,"Wow, that had a great story. Maybe I'll just pop that in my 360 and play it again."

Average Score: 9/10
Closing Words: Bioshock is a great game and worth it for so many reasons. I only wrote a little compared to all the things I could have said. I haven't met one person who hasn't loved this game. It's amazing. Go out and buy it if you feel like it. Thanks for reading and keep killing Big Daddies!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/15/08

Game Release: BioShock (US, 08/21/07)