Review by joeyissoweird

"Finishing this Game is like Pigs Flying to Antarctica"

Before you all bash me, let me explain why I dislike this game, and why I have to guts to give this a 4/10. I have purchased this game at GameStop for a $50.00 or more. It was used, and the box was a little damaged. The game was in good condition. I came home and I was excited, so I stuck the game in the Xbox 360 and started playing. I enjoyed the storyline, and everything was going great, until I found out something horrible. This game is not fun. So I returned it.

10/10 Plot
The plot is my favorite part of this game. It's about an underwater city that was abandoned for some reason. The secret unfolds as you play the game. There are people who are now basically zombies, and they're everywhere in the city. You kill them any way you can. I didn't beat it, but I know some about the city that I don't want to share with you for plot spoiling reasons.

5/10 Gameplay
Now this is what I hate. The gameplay is horrible. You have to purchase items in vending machines for ammo or kill enemies for probably an extremely small amount of ammo, and you have to destroy the strongest creatures in the game every level so you can be stronger. This is very aggravating. Other than that, it's a first-person shooter game with an attempt to be original. Probably the most original thing I see here is a wrench.

Everywhere you go when you're at your lowest point and you can't heal, there's a security bot on you. They get very annoying and repetitive. The game developers should have had a game testers of all types to play the game. The only one who would disagree would be the elite game testers.

Sound 10/10
I really love the sound. Once in a while, you'll hear classic commercials on the radio from that city. Well, not classic since they were made around the time you were there. This really makes you feel like you are in the game. Sometimes this can get a little repetitive, with the same old commercials. Other than that, it's great.

Graphics 10/10
Amazing, bloody. This game has more gore than Gears of War, probably. Depends on what you do to the dead body of your victims. Keep on hitting them and they get covered in thick blood. The graphics are decent Xbox 360 graphics.

Overall, Rent or Buy?
Rent. This game is not worth your hard-earned, allowance, money found on the ground, or stolen money that will eventually get you in jail. If you are the type of gamer who is not a casual gamer, buy. This is for the hardcore gamers.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 02/04/08

Game Release: BioShock (US, 08/21/07)