Review by therater13

"Great, just outstanding."

Bioshock. This is one of the best games out there for the xbox 360, and overall I think that bioshock is one of the best games that I have ever played. It is sort of a mix between first person shooter and role playing game, there is character modifications and development, and the levels are not to linear, for the most part. It is just a really fun and creepy experience, even though it was not to scary or anything, it was just a great video game overall, it felt like I was playing stalker or dues ex again to be perfectly honest.

Graphics: The graphics in this game are just great, its amazing how well they represented this setting, it is very dark and everything is just falling apart.

Weapons: There is not a huge variety in the weapons of this game but out of the weapons that are available, they are all really cool.

Audio and sound: Perfect, the dark sounds of the splicers and of the world in general give this feeling that is just amazing. I mean I felt like I was actually in the game, then I realized I had been playing for to long. The weapon sounds are good also and the voice acting is great.

Story: Fantastic on most levels, the back story of the whole city is really good, then there is a bit of a twist like halfway through the game when you find out you were brain washed and that your Ryan's son, that was a weak plot twist but the rest of the story was fine.

Game play: The game plays really neat, it felt sort of like stalker and dues ex. There is no inventory but you collect a lot of junk. You can modify yourself to give yourself special stats, or your weapons or your powers. The rest of the game plays like your basic survival horror shooter, the hacking mini game got a bit boring after a while though. You can hack turrets so they follow you around and stuff. It is just really neat. The game itself is an average length, I beat in maybe 15-20 hours but it is enjoyable.

Replay ability: I played this game once, I could see myself actually going back two or three times to re play this game, it was just such a fun, unique experience and I would love to go through It again.

Overall score: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/29/08

Game Release: BioShock (US, 08/21/07)