Review by happy3598

"MOST AMAZING XBOX 360 GAME EVER!!!"

Let me first start by saying that this is an incredible game and I highly recommend it to anyone. Bioshock is the perfect combination of horror and violence. I found the storyline to be very unclear, but build up with a perfect side of many questions as it developed.

GRAPHICS: 10/10
The graphics are simply perfect. Look at anything in the game and it appears to be clearly what it is meant to be. The way the detail is expressed shows just how far these people will go to make this game a believable experience for the player.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
Bioshock provides smooth gameplay and realistic physics. The game is very visual in a way that your character uses certain movements and reactions that we, as people, would use in real life. Each type of enemy has their own unique movements and voices. Bioshock applies realistic animation most of the time and always keeps the game interesting.

ATMOSPHERE: 10/10
SCARY. That is the word to describe Bioshock. Robots, zombies, little murderous girls. The intensity of the environment makes this game both believable and freaky. Every single second of playing this game makes you believe that something is going to jump out. To give my personal opinion, I was actually too scared at parts to go into certain rooms. The occasional zombie jumping up in front of me livens up the game a bit. But when the game got too scary, I just saved, turned off the Xbox 360, and watched some funny TV. By the way, no I didn't wet myself while playing this game.

CHARACTERS: 10/10
Unique and imaginative characters made this game what it is. The concept of a city infested with zombies and little girls protected by giant robotic humans is just wild. I don't think anyone could have thought of this. The characters think and act in their own personal ways. Some climb on walls, others explode and form somewhere else. It's as if all of them have their own minds and are really alive. Or, at least, that was the intention of the designers.

STORY: 10/10
This slowly-developed story came more and more clear throughout the entire game. But it was really at the end when things started making sense. The story is scary and suspenseful. The perfect top to a game like this.

BLOOD, GORE, AND VIOLENCE: 10/10 (WARNING: This is pretty graphic)
The designers did a pretty good job of making a game in which you can't step into a room without stepping in a giant splatter of blood. Corpses lie everywhere in Rapture (the city that Bioshock is based in) and there are many a time I see pools of blood beneath hanging, blood-soaked, beaten up dead people. If their goal was to make this game as incredibly gory as possible, congratulations. You have achieved victory.

INSANITY: 10/10
If you call shooting flames and swarms of bees out of your hands insane, then you will agree with me when I say that this game is pretty screwed up. An underwater city inhabited by zombies and one person walking around killing them all off by freezing them with 2 fingers. Send your enemies flying upwards with "Plasmids". Shock your enemies to freeze them temporarily. Evolve Today.

Overall, this game had few flaws and no abusable glitches. There was the odd time where I saw through a wall for half a second or the game hadn't fully loaded and everything was low detail. But all in all it was an amazing video game and I really recommend it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/10/08

Game Release: BioShock (Limited Edition) (US, 08/21/07)