Review by buxtodd05

"Wohoo living Pinatas"

Overview ; What we have here is an excellent game that will only do mediocre in sales due to the childish nature of the marketing. From the vibrant colors, to the horse display at your local EB you are meant to believe this is a kids game. I'm sure some of you will and not even give it a chance. I have to say it stops being a kids game when you get it home and start playing.

Graphics: 10/10 ; I really don't think you could ask for much more from a game in the graphics department I mean you can see individual blades of grass. The colors create a warm inviting environment that my whole family is enjoying.

Gameplay: 8/10 ; The game play of Viva Pinata is fun and easy to pick up on for an adult. I think anyone over the age of 10 could pick this one up and play it in a matter of minutes. The use of the mini games to get away from tending to your garden is fun ,at first. They start extremely simple and get progressively more difficult as you make more advanced pinata's "dance". My only complaint is the repetitive nature of the mini games.

Sound: 9/10 ; While the music and sounds are nothing special, they go very well with the game and its flow. I just love hearing kids yell when a pinata is broken.

Replay Value: 10/10 ; IMO this is a game you could play 100 times and never end up with the same results. Now I just need to talk my wife into giving me a little more time with so I can have that chance.

Overall: 9/10 ; Short and sweet of it is I love this game and were it not for the mini games I would have to give it a perfect score. Its fun entertaining and different I would recomend this game to anyone who wants a break from the shooters and sports games, or to anyone who wants to get the wife or girlfriend into gaming. I bought this game for my wife, not really knowing what to expect, but hoping it would be something her and I could enjoy together, and boy was I right. After watching her play for nearly 15 hrs in the past 2 days I would say I got exactly what I was hoping for.

Keep an open mind and have fun, I know I am.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/14/06