Review by InfernoCrossing

"I want my candy please"

Viva Pinata started out as a show that ran on Saturday mornings on channel 7. Now it has sprouted into this wonderful game that's full of creativity, charm, and tycoon-ism. The game retains it's funny atmosphere with pinatas, and adds the feeling of a tycoon game. You'll have lots of fun raising your own little civilization of pinatas. Let this short review tell you:

Story~9/10
There isn't really much of a story in ths game, so that cost it 1 point. But, you DO get a story book with a story about a man and pinatas. Occasionally, a chapter is added as you progress. There's also some mini-stories to unlock. Even though it lacks much of a story, just these things are enough to keep this game together story-wise.

Gameplay~10/10
You have a floating cursor, just like a mouse cursor, that does the basic controls a mouse can do. You get to buy upgrades for your pinata pen as you earn more chocolate coins. Occasionally, evil characters will try and destroy your ranch. That's where I can say no more. You have to experience that part for yourself.

Controls~10/10
As I stated earlier, you play with a cursor, just like a mouse cursor. It's pretty simple to grasp the theory of what you're supposed to do. Even younger kids can catch the hit of it, as I'll explain later.

Music~10/10
This is one of the things I enjoyed the most. People actually talk to you, the pinatas make sounds, and the music is fresh and brisk-like sweetened iced tea to your mouth. Overall, this department shall receive a perfect score of 10/10.

Child/Adult Enjoyment~10/10
As I stated in the controls review, this game can be played easily by younger kids. It even LOOKS like a child's game. But is it? No, it's not. Children will, of course, love this game due to it's charm and appeal from just the pinatas alone. Even adults and teens can enjoy this too! This is, without a doubt, one of the best non-violence games ever to hit the 360.

Replay Value~10/10
Even after you've finished with one pen of cute and lovable pinatas, you're still able to make more! It even shares the same currency and upgrades that you're previous pen has. Sure, you might not want to make another pen if you don't have much money on you, but once the chocolate coins REALLY start coming in, then you are gonna want to splurge on yet ANOTHER pen of cute pinatas. That's enough to make me give this department a 10/10.

Overall~10/10
This game will definitely blow ANYONE away-even adults. The graphics are stunning. The music is fresh like baked cookies, the controls are simple and lovable, and the replay value is excellent. What more could you ask? One of the best I've ever seen. 10/10
InfernoCrossing out.

Story------------------------------------------------9/10
Gameplay-----------------------------------------10/10
Controls-------------------------------------------10/10
Music-----------------------------------------------10/10
Child/Adult Enjoyment-------------------------10/10
Replay Value------------------------------------10/10

Overall----------------------------------------------9.9/10
Estimate Total----------------------------------10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/09/07

Game Release: Viva Pinata (US, 11/09/06)