Review by MadTim

"A game that anyone, including non-gamers, can enjoy!!!"

Now this is an xbox live arcade game and I shall grade it accordingly.

When I first played UNO over at a friends house over the summer I liked how addictive yet strategic it could be. Its one of those games where the overly smart and those who are full of dumb luck meet on a fair field. What else is nice is how intimate the sessions can become. If you find a group of people you like you'll find out if you like them or not pretty fast. Due to the fact this game isnt adrenaline packed and instead of screaming strategic info back and forth to team mates you find yourself talking to these people like you'd talk to friends over lunch or at work. There is also a dark side to this. If you get in a game with someone you cant stand then you can either quit or boot them. And with the integration of the vision camera you might find yourself starring at more ding dongs in a night of UNO than if you took a tour of a Hostes factory. But if you find good people, its always nice to put a face to a voice and to be able to see them laughing or perching up because you just stuck them with a draw 4.

Difficulty- This game is very easy to pick up but some tricks seem to take others longer to pick up than some. Since many different families play UNO many different way the rules are customizable which can make things pretty interesting but confuse others. This is a very non-gamer friendly game though. I've played with many moms and sisters who were playing on their husband,brother,son, or boyfriends xbox 360. I think my Grandma could even get into this game.

Graphics- the graphics are basic but serve their needs. The cards are vivid and well done. Little things pop up when you challenge someones draw 4. But there's not much to, but lets face it... Its a card game.

Sound- The sound is very soothing and the sound effects are effective. This is one of those games that you can play after an intense shooter to clam down before you go to bed. Who needs books when you can unwind with a good game of UNO.

MISC- if you have this in a room with young children you might want to disable video chat to prevent them from getting exposed to more wangs than could be found in a chinese phone book.

Now all in all this is a great game for 400 micro soft points. If you're looking for a game that the whole family can get into including female non-gamers and young children then this is a great game to start with. Also the achievements in this game are not really hard to get and as long as you play it a while you're bound to unlock them with out even trying.

I give this game a 10/10 for taking a classic family card game and making it into a classic xbox live arcade title.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/19/07