Review by surtrav3

"Crazy Rabbit Fun!!!!!"

I approached this game with a open mind. I was not expecting a decent story, addicting game play, or non-repetitive stages. I was pleasantly surprised.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is basically a collection of mini games played to move the story along. It is reminiscent of Wario Ware except the games are longer then two seconds. I found that the mini games are very addicting and do the trick to keep the game fun. I really enjoyed the fact that you had a decent story to work through. You get captured by these weird Rabbit type things and are imprisoned for their amusement purposes. Every day you are thrown in a gladiator type arena with a crowd full of Rabbids. You are offered a series of doors to enter. Behind each door is a mini game. Beat that game and the door seals. Beat all doors and you open the main gate which takes you to a "boss" type mini game. Beat that and you get a plunger as a reward, which you use to facilitate your escape.

I found that there was a repetition of mini-games types, but the content changes enough to still keep them fun. For example, there is a dancing mini game where you have to keep rhythm with music and hit the shoulder buttons at specific times. This mini game happens many times but the songs are different. The same thing goes for several other games. It's the same game with different scenic settings or terrain, etc. It is technically "repetitive" however it does not feel that way. It works quite well.

In addition to the main story mode there is also a Score mode. Basically you try to get the high score for each mini game in all. Each mini game has a set amount of points to achieve. There are something like 70 different mini games so this is a saving grace to the overall game. The main story mode is relatively short. It would be a waste of money to buy the game simply for that. The score mode is similar to the online aspect of other games, which keeps you busy longer then you normally would.

Speaking of online, this game does not have it. There are web codes that you get at the end of your game during Score Mode that you can enter at Raymans website and post your score online to compare your scores and boast a bit. So far this is only supported by the Wii console. I tried to enter my code from the 360 and it said it was invalid. I'm sure Ubisoft will update that pretty soon though.

All in all I had a great time with Rayman Raving Rabbids and recommend it highly. Thanks for reading.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 05/07/07