Review by Shogain

"Not as enjoyable as the other two X-men Legend titles."

I don't know if it's just me, but the game wasn't as thrilling as I hoped it to be. The character cast wasn't that great, the bosses were ridiculous, if you didn't have the right party, and the story was pretty bland. But, there are some pretty cool stuff about this game aswell. It has Co Op, which makes the game more fun, and there are comic sim discs(which are hard), for each character.

Anyway, let's move on to the review..

Story [5.0]
For some reason, I'm very harsh against stories for video games now. But anyway, the story is about the Masters of Evil, plotting to take over the world, and you have to stop them. You take command of over 20 heroes, and fight against Dr. Doom, the leader. Even though you get to meet some of your favourite comic book characters, the story is just really bland. They could've been more original.

Gameplay [7.5]
Hmmm, I'm not gonna lie to you guys, but the game can be pretty intense when you have a lot of enemies on screen, and you have friends playing with you. With the right team and characters, you can expect to have a lot of fun. For example, you can have a Crow clearer, a power character, buff character, and whatever you want.(of course, those aren't really what they're called.) Besides that, the gameplay is mainly about controlling one of the heroes, and using their specials. You can switch on the fly between four of your selected party members, and instead of using potions like in the X-men legends games, you pick up health orbs, and energy orbs. That makes the game more balanced, and a little bit easier. The bad thing about the gameplay are some of the bosses. Seriously. One time, I was fighting against a boss, and the boss repeatedly attacked me, and I couldn't get out of his way. They deplete your hp in a matter of seconds, and there aren't much strategies here. Without Wolverine, I don't think I would've beaten this game. Overall, the gameplay is fun, but the bosses has got be more balanced. One thing I forgot to mention, is that when you uppercut the enemy, they should make it where you jump in the air again, and combo them mid-air, instead of the stupid charge attack.

Graphics [8.0]
The graphics are awesome, and the visuals are pretty good. I had a few tears there and there, but not too amazing. Since Marvel Ultimate Alliance isn't a real next-gen game, I gave the score a bit higher than what I wanted.

Sound/Music [7.0]
The voice acting is superb, and the sound is top notch. There are no bad voice acting, and some of them fit perfect with the characters. The sounds, as you hear, can be the crackling of your fire, or the sound of your stomp. The music, is okay, nothing I'm too fond of. Overall, it's okay.

Final Word -
My review may be a little harsh at first, but you'll understand, when you play through the game. I didn't play most of the game with Co-Op, but the game is way better with Co-op. I don't know if it's just me, but if you have Xbox live and some friends with this game, I suggest you buy this game, and play Co-op, cause this game delivers the Co-op experience you need for your gaming pleasure.

Overall [7.0]

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/15/08

Game Release: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (US, 10/24/06)