Review by mrdeathforall

"Not the best game out there but worth the money"

To start off this game has some ups and downs. First the ups. You get to control a horde of rampaging menacing minions that sort of look like the scamps from Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion but that's not the point. The downside is that you don't really have to do anything yourself. You have this big hulking guy but most of what you do is done by your minions

Gameplay 7/10
It's fun and it's new. I haven't come across many games where you actually have to use minions throughout the whole game. You can attack and so can your minions. You get magic and new minions as you get further into the game and the surroundings are interactive. If your minion destroys a pumpkin....They will come back with a pumpkin on there head. Your minions can slowly get there own belongings from dead creatures. To summon minions the only odd thing is in order to summon them you need to kill other creatures and grab there souls and feed them to the spawning pits. Once done you can summon more minions.

Graphics 8/10
The graphics are great. There is a lot of detail and when you walk around it will be very noticable. Everyone and everything has great detail and you can actually tell the difference between people and enemies. When you use a fireball it doesn't look like that crummy fuzzy fire that you see in other games. It actually has some pizzaz (is that a word?) to it.

Controls 4/10
This has such a low rating simply because there isn't much you can do besides send your minions out or....send your minions out... You have little control over anything besides your minions and yourself.

Replay Value 7/10
I haven't actually beaten the game but so far I wouldn't mind going back and playing some parts over again. The game is fun even a second time through and third.

Overall 7/10
Decent game. If you have a different game in mind I recommend on buying the game you want but if you have some spare money and wouldn't mind playing a new game then this is the game you should get.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 06/27/07