Review by thisispurecrap

"Great game, but not spectacular."

Heres my review for GTA4, got it on April 30th for my Xbox360, I found some minor flaws but please take into consideration that patches could be applied on the future to fix these issues.

Video - 8/10

The game looks pretty good but it's nothing we haven't seen before, blurry at times but generally pleasing to the eye. Facial expressions are great and car models are really well done but the background looks particularly crappy at times, specially some trees which look like cardboards.

Audio - 7/10

The voice acting in the game is superb, as a plus, you can hear random people talking about all kinds of stuff just by walking around liberty city, the soundtrack however is mostly crap and we no longer have the custom track option so we are stuck with it, the radio shows on the public station are still funny but nowhere near as funny as vice city's, overall the dialogues are awesome but the music is mediocre.

Gameplay - 9/10

Same old thing, get from point A to point B and kill the person in question, and that is in no way a bad thing, turns out to be pretty fun. Also, air planes and boats are gone, which is a HUGE plus for me since I hated them on prior games.

Replay Value - 10/10

Who doesn't enjoy playing GTA just for the fun of running around causing havoc? getting in fights with random people and running over unsuspecting pedestrians?. chances are you'll be back for more even after getting through the main missions.

Multiplayer - 8

Finally!, multiplayer arrived at the GTA universe!.... which is good... but not so much, mixed bag here, destroying everything in sight with other players around the world is indeed awesome and it would be perfect if not for some glitches, the main complaint I have is; another player in the map is marked by a color dot on top of him, but sometimes that dot appears on his head when hes WAAAY too close to you and theres not much you can do about the situation, if you see a car going straight for you then you obviously dodge it, but people camp sometimes and you may be a little too busy to look at your radar every 5 seconds to see where everyone is at, just a minor flaw. I also noticed that cars just suddenly appear and dissapear from the map as you are playing, which is really annoying when you are about to get in a car and it just vanishes in front of you... aside from that I found the multiplayer to be quite enjoyable.

Overall = 8

A great game that you should definetly buy, if you rent it you will probably just end up getting it anyways, has minor flaws but they will probably be taken care of with patches later on.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/05/08

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto IV (US, 04/29/08)