Review by imthejugganautB

"Another great GTA, but with so many things missing."

The debut of Grand Theft Auto has not disappointed. GTA VI turns another page in the story of Liberty City, but this time strays away from III's story and starts anew. You are Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant and veteran of the Bosnian war looking to start a new life in Liberty City. But before he's ready to completely start fresh he must find the one who betrayed him and his comrades in the war.

Here's how I rank things in the game:

1. Story: 8/10 The story starts slow and it can be hard to understand what the point of the story is at first, but as it progresses it becomes more understandable.

2. Gameplay: 9/10 Almost every aspect of the gameplay is the same like other GTA installments but with a new few twists. The ability to take cover with the press of a button makes shootouts so much easier now that you don't have to move the character around and crouch to do so.

3. Features: 6/10 Here is where the disappointment really started. Right away when I first started playing I wanted to take a car and customize it, just like San Andreas. After about six game hours of looking I soon realized: YOU CAN'T CUSTOMIZE YOUR CAR ANYMORE. This was a MAJOR disappointment for me as what drew me to play San Andreas almost everyday of the week was taking a taxi and pimpin' that $h!+ out. Ironically, there is a garage in the game and it is indicated on your map, however the door will open to NO car you bring whatsoever. Want to fly a plane? Sorry. The ability to fly planes in no longer available as well. Flying a helicopter SUCKS now. The big copter has been stripped of missiles and it is a b!+ch trying to aim the guns. No jetpack or flamethrower were disappointments. Another feature now gone is building your body to make you stronger, and yet another are the fighting schools. How could Rockstar take ALL of these great features out of VI? This is leading me to believe that San Andreas is MUCH BETTER than VI. Not to many pros to the features in VI. You can now take taxi rides to anywhere in the city and the press of a button takes you there in mere seconds. Police vehicles have onboard computers which are very useful. Mini-games have returned and still bring much fun (worthy mentions: bowling, pool, darts). Dating works the same. Your cell phone is now one of the main features of the game as you can dial up (yes, actually pressing numbers) characters of the game to hang out with them and do activities such shoot pool or get drunk at the local bar. Other than that, the removal of the aforementioned features really took the fun out of the game. Hopefully Rockstar will bring them back as DLC.

4. Overall 8/10 For this game to be perfect, Rockstar should have took San Andreas and VI and just crammed the two together to make one game. But with many features missing, GTA VI has lost alot of fun from it. Fingers crossed for DLC!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/09/08

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto IV (US, 04/29/08)