Review by jreed1337

"You guys need to cut GTA IV some slack"

Most reviews I have read regarding GTA IV have been positive, yet there are still some people out there that want to continue to bash GTA IV and compare it to San Andreas.

Trust me, I am as disappointed as anyone else that there are no planes, skydiving, car modding, ect ect.

But the fact of the matter is that this is the first GTA put out for the new generation systems. Of course EVERYTHING we all wanted wasn't going to be available in this game.

I mean, compare GTA 3 with San Andreas, they were only 3 years apart or so, and on the same system. Can you gys imagine what the next GTA will be like, or the one after that?!?! And considering they were developing this game before the 360 even came out, I would have to say they did an absolutely superb job.

The graphics are amazing, considering you have the ability to free roam an entire city. The missions are creative, new, and entertaining. The main character actually has an enjoyable and followable back story. There are hundreds and hundreds of pedestrian models, each with creative reactions and responses to events that take place.

The physics are incredible, finally realistic. Instead of bailing out of a car and just rolling, you can actually cause damage to yourself if you aren't careful. When your ankle gets clipped by a car, you actually get tripped up and fall to that side. The cars actually drive with real automotive characteristics, rather than the cheesy physics of the last GTA games. When you lean forward on a motorcycle, the back tire loses traction and you burnout. When you shoot a person in the leg, they fall with accurate physics, as opposed to they same identical death scene from every other death like in San Andreas.

Something else I am surprised I have not read about is the car models themselves. They are finally modeled after real cars! No more guessing if the banshee is a Viper or not, it clearly is. I personally think this is one of the best parts about GTA IV. This gets chalked up in the realism column I suppose.

I can go on and on for hours about the things that are impressive about this game, but you people just aren't satisfied, you continually search for stupid details to nitpik at, when the truth is, this is probably the best video game ever made. Considering the cinemas, storyline, graphics, free roam ability, the ability to make decisions that change the game, and the physics!

Can you just look at how amazing the game is compared to where they left off?

JEEZ!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/13/08

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto IV (US, 04/29/08)