Review by Sk8ordie985

"This is my favorite game of all time, and it is for a reason."

I will explain why this is my favorite game to date, with 6 main points

1. Graphics:

It's no secret that the graphics are great in GTA IV, and I'm sure anyone who isn't blind will agree with me. GTA IV's Liberty City looks more alive than ever, and even small details like the headlights on cars is amazing. And the ocean and buildings are also just as stunning.

2. Physics:

The physics in GTA IV just make sense. Shoot someone in the leg, they fall to the ground, shoot them in the stomach, they attempt to escape while holding their stomach. Hit someone with a car while going fast they get throw into mid air, flipping over your entire car and leave a blood stain on the hood/front bumper. The physics are such a big improvement from GTA San Andreas, which I hated, so I can't be a GTA fanboy.

3. Gameplay:

The gameplay is GTA IV is just superb. To experience this, you have to actually play the game for your self.

4. Story:

The story in Grand Theft Auto IV really makes you feel like you're actually living the character's life, instead of just watching it unfold like in other games like Saints Row 2. In GTA IV, sometimes you can make decisions in the story, that will later decide on how the story will unfold. Example: once you had to decide to either kill your friend for cash, or kill the person who says you have to. This is about as far as I'm going to go with the story, because I don't want to give away any spoilers.

5. Online Multiplayer:

This is a very fun game to play online, and there is a game mode for whatever kind of style you have. Team Deathmatch to Free Mode, Hangman's NOOSE (work together to escort a wanted man to a safe place, killing every cop in the way) to just a simple street race.

6. Fun:

Personally, Ive had more fun with GTA IV than I've had with any other game I've ever played, And I've played quite a few games, believe me. (Spoiler ahead -->)There is just something special about robbing a bank with three of your (in-game) friends, and after blowing the bank vault's door open, escaping by going through the subway system, shooting everyone and everything blocking your path. And yet, it never gets repetitive, because every mission is unique and different, from taking someone hostage to high-jacking a moving truck.

Well, that's my take on Grand Theft Auto IV.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/05/09

Game Release: Grand Theft Auto IV (US, 04/29/08)