Review by ShinjaNinja

"More Like Battlefield: Good Company!!"

Battlefield: Bad company is yet another Battlefield game, but this one was probably the best by far. Destructible environments, class based, unlock ables, a fun story, What more could you want?

Game play 9/10 - This is probably the funnest game I have ever played, because, unlike other games, you can take an explosive and blow right through a wall. This game is so easy to just pick up and start blowing stuff up, you'll find the learning curve to be about 10-30 minutes depending if you've played many other shooters before. Because In this game the controls are a bit strange. Switching weapons is awkward and if you press' Y' you'll knife the teammate in front of you. Overall, the game play is extremely good, 9/10.

Story 8/10 - Follow the journey of Preston Marlow, a criminal, (for some crime that has never been told) who has been sentenced to Bad Company, which is where all the other criminals are sent to. Bad Company has the highest soldier death rate, thus the name. Preston joins a rag-tag squad of misfits who decide that the gratitude of the country just isn't enough. So they go out in search of Mercenaries who get paid in solid gold bars. Overall the story is short, only 6 missions, and in my opinion the hardest difficulty was only hard in 2 or 3 parts, But it was still very good. 8/10

Graphics & Sound 10/10 - Let me just start off by saying that this game has superior graphics of Call of Duty 4 and the best sound I've ever heard. Lets start with the graphics. This game is incredibly detailed the graphics are extremely life-like, from the gleaming water to the slight fog into the air it makes you feel like your actually there. The Sound, is another amazing feat, the best I've even heard, Dolby Digital really takes the sound in this to the next level, from echoing bullets across the map to sprinting through the tall grass, the music is simple fa nominal and the gun sounds are fantastic. This is a Must for surround sound. 10/10

Multilayer 9/10- The multilayer was fantastic fun, the game mode currently is only the Gold Rush game mode (Conquest will be coming out in August 2008). Gold rush game mode is when you and your team (There are 12 players on each team in this game) have to destroy gold crates. Every time you destroy 2 gold crates, another part of the map in unlocked and this process continues until you reach the end of the map (These maps are HUGE, there are only 8 thought, hopefully there will be Down loadable Content). There are 5 classes in this game, each with its own unique weapons, you have the Assault Class, The Recon (Sniper) Class, Specialist (Sub machine guns), Demotions (shotguns), and Your Heavy (Light Machine Guns). Each class also has its own special gadgets to use such as med packs, mortar strike, C4, etc. Each time to reach the next level you earn unlock credits which you can use to unlock new gadgets and weapons. Extremely Fun, I spent 3 days of my life playing the Online play alone. 9/10

Play Time/Re playability - The Story mode will take you about 5 hours at the medium difficulty setting, even though there are only 6 missions, they are long, huge maps to use. And you'll just have to play it again on the highest to get a better grip, it depends where you get stuck at on the highest settings, so it might take around 8 hours to beat it. And more those achievement fanatics you'll have to get 10,000 Multilayer kills and find all the gold bars and collectibles so that'll keep you busy. The replay value is moderately high, you'll be playing this game for a long time.

Rent or Buy- It depends on what you want really, if you don't have Xbox Live its a definite rent, you don't want to spend $60 just to play the story mode. But if you have Xbox Live you should buy it because it gives you hours of fun. Now I got the Gold Edition just because I'm cool like that, but I don't think its worth it. You pay $10 extra dollars to get 5 weapons normally unlocked by reaching general rank, which is only 37,000 Exp, which only took me about 2 days to get (I was very addicted). Its your call on which you want.

Overall Score: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/28/08

Game Release: Battlefield: Bad Company (Gold Edition) (US, 06/23/08)