Review by adonaisaves

"Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap"

This game is unfinished, unpolished, and falls short in every category. Luckily, unlike the PC version, the Xbox 360 is playable. It looks bad, the control is sluggish and bleh, the story wasn't as cool as I thought, ended up feeling like a chore, the battles with enemy soldiers didn't feel like I was clashing with trained soldiers on an epic battlefield, but more like a rail shooter with awkward free-movement. Even the control-scheme deterred from the experience some. Objectives didn't always seem to be clear either. Annoying. This was rushed and unfinished for sure.

Graphics - Disappointing for next-gen, PS2 with better lighting and anti-aliasing effects. Bright colors, yet still bland and rendered-feeling though. Choppy movement, low framerate (not sure how it's possible to be this bad on a current unreal engine...), slowdowns (how, with the graphics being seemingly so non-taxing?).

Controls - Sluggish, non-typical layouts (crouch with 'Y'?) that can't really be changed well, non-sensitive toggles when adjust X/Y movement speeds with the analog. Not to mention the choppy graphics and slowdowns that inhibit good movement... The AI is ridiculous, the enemies are unrealistic and somewhat cheap due to the poor gameplay and sluggish controls.

Sound - Bleh, boring and average. It's not really immersive, everything sounds very rehashed from an old MoH game. Not that you can really do too much more since surround high-bitrate samples for war games can't really change since we're bordering on realistic, and a WWII game is going to have orchestra war-drama themes regardless, nothing really jumped out at me as, "Man, this sounds real, and awesome!"

Story - Okay premise, didn't get me near as involved as I thought it would though. Good idea, needs re-work though. I was really excited to see the commercials, Germany pwns Britain, what would America look like and do if we were invaded? Awesome! The opening scene of the game even got me all excited! But then, after climbing down the building and fighting through the first few enemies, it was already a chore that I didn't feel like pursuing. Nothing motivated me in the end, and I felt I was just wasting my time when I could be playing something more interesting.

Overall - Would be a great budget game, though I still wouldn't buy it. Was not finished, and totally disappointing. Definitely not a $60 game, only rent if you have one of those game passes where you can take it right back to the place and get something better, or replay COD4.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 03/21/08

Game Release: Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (US, 02/26/08)