Review by PhD_in_Sniping

"If Forza was too hard and burnout was too whacky PLAY THIS GAME"

I couldn't quite call this game a racing simulator like the Forza series but if you like arcade racers and having fun while driving this is it.

This game is less about competitive racing and more about a nice arcade experience. PGR has never had the bells and whistles that other games have, like creating decals and customizing cars but it runs off a similar unlock system that never lets you down. That's right "Kudos"

You earn kudos during races by performing special drifts or tricks that you may use to unlock more powerful cars to race in, in the Arcade Mode of the game.

The controls are more forgiving than that of a simulator but real enough to spin yourself out of a 1st place slot in an important race. If Forza wasn't for you, this game is worth atleast a rental.

For 60 USD? I hope you didn't buy it for 60$
50? No.
40? If you love racers.
30? If you earn achievements.
20? Why not.

So this game is really fun but only for a short while and I can't say that it competes with the rest of the arcade genre like Burnout. Theres just something great about hurdling your car 3 miles down a highway AFTER a wreck that this game just can't deliver.

Graphics 10/10

The graphics in the game are good to great I can barely give them a ten because of the scenic approach the developers took to the track, it's not all just NASCAR people. This gives you a less professional feeling only because you aren't on the pure left turn track. Which is a good thing in the long run.

The gameplay leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the ability to tune up and extend the bounds of your car. This is a Major flaw that would have been that last month that the developers just couldn't hold the patience for. There is a redeeming factor to the game in that it is great to get achievements for, and they're really easy to get. You can get a good 100 in the first 10 minutes of playing.

The game is good I can leave it at that because there is absolutely no replayability after unlocking everything which doesn't take long folks.

I hope the review was helpful, I really tried to look at the game from a non biased standpoint.

Good Gaming!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 06/19/09

Game Release: Project Gotham Racing 4 (US, 10/02/07)