Review by stinkoman13

"For those about to rock..."

Yup, I ripped off ACDC in the title. Sue me. Otherwise, get this game. Everyone has a hidden love for Dance Dance Revolution. Noone can honestly say that when they're walking around in a mall, and they see some kid ripping it up on DDR, that they don't have even the slightest urge to try. Now DDR has been changed to a guitar. Instead of using your feet and hopping to the beat, you use a guitar and jam to the tune of an extremely wide variety of songs. Here's the whole rundown.

Yah this game doesn't bring any truly amazing graphics, but the game has pretty much nothing to do with the graphics. The characters look goofy, as well as a lot of the guitars, but the graphics has nothing to do with what makes this game so fun. Overall, the graphics aren't great, so they're only netting a 6.

Each guitaring has been rerecorded for every song, and has been nailed to perfection. The songs sound so good, and the guitaring is perfect for the originals. The game has an incredibly wide variety of songs that will appeal to every single person with a taste for rock music. It's got songs that are from old bands, song from new bands, metal songs, rock songs, more popish songs, even Strongbad songs. With over 70 songs, you'll find atleast one song you love.

Controls: 10/10

You use the guitar to pretty much control everything you do. Their colour coded to match an original controller. So that means the green button is A, red is B, and so on. It's actually more fun to use the guitar as a contoller than the actual controller itself, just cause it's something new. During the actual songs, the controls are flawless. Coming from a person who actually knows how to play real guitar, the captured it perfectly. They even knew enough that they have hammer-ons and pull-offs in it, as well as being able to hold lower frets while you play higher frets. Guitar Hero is one of the few games in the world where the controls make or break the game, and they pulled it off perfect.

There's really no story to it, you are pretty much just some unknown rocker working his way up to bigger shows while astounding fans and record deals everywhere you go. Other than that, there's nothing to the story, but nobody ever plays this game for the story. There's not much to say here, so I'll move onto gameplay.

This is where this game really cashes in. This is one of the most addictive games you will ever find, and is very fair in it too. The easy mode is easy enough for any beginner to get a good feel for it before moving up to medium. The easy mode is easy enough so that my girlfriend can complete most songs, and she is by no means a gamer. Once you get confident enough in your playing, you move up to hard and expert, where it gets really tricky. The skill involved to nail songs on expert is phenomenal, and it puts to shame many real guitarists. There are a lot of unlockables for the game, and the designers were nice enough to add a whole live feature, so that when you've finished every single song, you can always just buy more. The game has great humour to it, which is a very nice touch that most games never have. Anyone who has ever accidentally pulled out the cord while playing and gotten the "You have rocked out too hard, Plug the controller back in." knows what I'm talking about. For one of the most addictive games I have ever played, gameplay easily nets a 10.

In conclusion

Controls: 10/10

Easily a 10 as this is one of the funnest games I have ever played. If you're ever hanging outwith your friends or going to a party, this game makes a great tag-along. Me and my friends could play this for hours on end, against eachother, or working with eachother to play a perfect co-op song. Anyone who ever gets this game will definitely not regret it, with an ingenious new way to play a game, and the fact that you could easily clock over 100 hours throughout the games entire life.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/13/07