Review by doodle94

"A nearly perfect and very enjoyable game!"

Guitar hero 2- the sequel to the very popular game makes its way to the Xbox 360- But does it live up to expectations?

Graphics- 9

The graphics in Guitar hero 2 exceed my expectations. The guitarist and his guitar are very detailed, and look great. As you strum on your X-Plorer controller, your character strums on the screen. I've noticed that the bassist is less detailed, and so is his bass. It looks completely flat! The drummer sometimes plays when there aren't any drums in the song. The background has a unique style to it and looks great. Overall, the game has good graphics.

Game play- 9

This game is surprisingly fun. The first time I saw this game it looked really stupid. The first time I played it, all that completely changed. It is even more fun when you like the song you are playing. The game play is simple. If you are playing on easy mode, then you will only use the first three buttons- the green, red and yellow ones. Medium adds the blue one. Hard mode introduces the orange button and also speeds things up a bit. Expert uses the same buttons as hard but puts more notes on. Multi-player mode is done very nicely and has three modes. One is co-op, where you both work together. Then there is versus mode, where one person plays lead and the other plays bass/rhythm. If you can beat the entire game then you unlock pro face-off mode, in which you both have the same notes.

Sound- 10

The sound is incredible. My only complaint is that some of the covers don't sound too good, but I've only noticed that on one song- The Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold. Guitar hero 2 has over 70 songs.

Bonus content- 10

There are so many things to unlock in this game! You can unlock guitars, finishes for guitars, new characters, songs, videos and more! And if you have Xbox live you can unlock more songs, but for a price.

Rent, buy or pass- buy.

This is truly a great game. I've played through it at least 6 times. Even though Guitar Hero 2 is coning out soon, I would still recommend that you pick this game up. The songs have even turned me on to 2 new bands! If you like rock, I strongly recommend that you buy it. Even if you don't, you should still check it out. Have fun rocking out!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/01/07

Game Release: Guitar Hero II (Game only) (US, 10/28/07)