What are the Black Boxes for?

1. Hi,

In the 2nd mission I managed to find a black box. I looked through the instruction manual but found no info as to what these do?

Can anyone clarify what their purpose is? I saw on the other question thats up at this moment about the skulls that you need to get the black boxes before the skulls appear. Is that there only purpose?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: PhilR1

PhilR1 - 7 years ago

1. They only unlock time line events, they have nothing to do with getting skulls.

User Info: goffy2004

goffy2004 - 7 years ago 2 0

1. They unlock Timeline stuffs as far as I am aware.

User Info: BenjaminDrayton

BenjaminDrayton - 7 years ago 4 0
  2. personaly, I have no idea what the boxes are for, however, I do not think they are used to unlock halo timeline events. the reason why I beleive this is because I got the "halo acedemic" achievement after playing skirmish.

in my opion, if I had to say anything, I would say the black boxes are there to stop you from getting the achievement "ready for the sequal" after the first couple of days, although everyone knows there will be a guide for it in a few days time.

User Info: hjpro153

hjpro153 - 7 years ago 0 3
  3. Ok thank you for clarifying this for me. I checked the timeline after finding a black box and I did indeed unlock a timeline.

After reading that it was nothing to do with skulls I managed to get 4 skulls during the missions last night and they're unlocked by completing one of the bonus objectives where you have to kill a certain amount of enemies. For example if you complete bonus objective on the 1st mission - kill 100 grunts you'll see where the skull is briefly on the mini-map.

Am closing this question now.

User Info: PhilR1

PhilR1 - 7 years ago 0 0