Review by warmaul

"Halo meets Warcraft"

Story – 9/10
The story of Halo Wars does not have anything to do with the typical Halo series. Even though it does not share the same story, it pulls it off very well with the same objective as the rest of them. You know… Destroy the halo rings. Halo Wars also puts a time-line in the game so you can see how the events unfold. Of course you have un-lock them by doing a lot of seemingly impossible tasks. But it is a neat idea that Ensemble Studios through in there.

Sound – 7/10
The music is just as good as the rest of them. The heavy intense battle scenes have the best music next to the menus (fell asleep to them every once in a while.) The only problem is during cut scenes your turning the TV down and game play turning it up.

Graphics – 8/10
For being a 3D real-time strategy game the graphics are truly amazing. Even though when you get a lot of vehicles and people on the field it tends to lag just a little or it could because I have the arcade 360. Ensemble Studios truly pulled it off as always. If they made more games like that, I thing they could make some magnificent strategy based games.

Game play - 9/10
If you like Warcraft, Civilization, and Age of Empires you'll love this game. It is very smooth and easy to understand. Build, grow a huge army, and destroy the other team(s) before they kill you.

Multiplayer – 10/10
As always in the Halo series the multiplayer is awesome. My friend and I stayed up playing it many of many nights with our wives asleep on the floor. With many options to change to make it very easy for you to win, or make it very hard for you to win with three people on your side.

Overall – 9/10
I gave this a nine out of ten because even though everything is brought together very smoothly, I found the game gave a moderate difficulty. The achievements are somewhat easy to get, but they will take up plenty of your time. If you are a fan of the “Typical” Halo, I would say you would not like it. But have an open mind and try it. You'll love it! If you have the extra cash, buy the limited edition version of the game. It has a seal and a booklet of everything that went into making the game… very interesting. I'd recommend anyone to play this game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/22/09

Game Release: Halo Wars (Limited Edition) (US, 03/03/09)