DLC questions- consumer advice?

1. First off: I can't access the marketplace though the game's main menu because (I'm assuming) I don't have a Gold Membership. Can I still download the DLC costumes through marketplace itself, or am I wasting my time?

Second, would it even be worth it to get DLC costumes or should I hold out for some all-content-included re-release? I ask this because after buying some of the Saint's Row the Third DLC, I spotted one of those for that game on the shelf for cheaper than the vanilla game cost me.

User Info: S_U_Perhero

S_U_Perhero - 3 years ago

Answers

1. I believe you can still download them from the marketplace. There's a service called "Xbox Live Free" (formerly "Silver"). The Xbox.com landing page indicates you can purchase DLC with it, but you still need to sign up if you haven't already. I remember the in-game Marketplace not populating with anything when I tried it when the first content pack launched, so I've just gone to the marketplace.

Whether the costumes are worth it just depends on your own view. At this point there are 7 content packs, 1 of which is free. If you purchase the remainder as "packs" you'll be spending an additional $63 on the game. The general community sentiment is that the prices are exorbitant, but don't let that stop you if you like the content. Team Ninja hasn't said anything about a "complete" or "gold" edition, but the DLC should be permanently available, so your best bet is probably to look at the previews on the offical DOA5 site and just choose those packs that strike your fancy.

User Info: aludlam

aludlam - 3 years ago 0 0
  2. I don't know if this helps, but DOA 5 Ultimate is being released on September 3rd 2013. It contains DLC packs 1, 2, 5, and 9 and half of DLC pack 4 installed, but they have to be unlocked first.

Purchased individually:

Pack 1: free
    Packs 2 and 5: 1040 MSP ($13.00 USD)
    Pack 9: 400 MSP ($5.00 USD)
    Pack 4: 3 sets of bunny bikinis (they were the pre-order bonuses) 240 MSP ($3.00) each. Total cost 720 MSP ($9.00 USD)

Total cost of above DLC $40.00

The cost of Ultimate is $40 USD, has even more unlockable costumes and has a pre-order bonus for J-pop costumes for Kasumi and Ayane and Bad Girl costumes for Tina Lisa Helena Christe Momoji and Sarah

User Info: adultswimfan89

adultswimfan89 - 3 years ago 0 0