Review by xgamer999

"MUCH better than the first one!"

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter was a great game that had much better gameplay than the original Ghost Recon games. I loved GRAW, and I couldn't wait for the sequel. Once I played it, I realized that that GRAW 2 is a much better game. This game is a must have for fans of the first game.

The concept is similar to the first GRAW; you have to prevent Mexican rebels from launching a nucear strike on the U.S. The levels are lengthy, challenging, and intense. You once again control a squad with three men, only this time, one of them is a medic. This is a huge advantage, for the medic can not only heal your teammates, but he can also heal you! This really helps during gameplay. The controls are great and the squad based commands are better this time around. Reinforcements, such as air strikes, are much better in GRAW 2, and actually are take down enemies quicker than they did in GRAW. Your squad's AI has been improved (they actually take cover on their own if you don't tell them to). The enemy AI is also very good. They take cover if they hear shots fired and place well aimed shots at you (if you are in elevated or high risk).

The game features stunning graphics. The weather and sky effects are amazing, and the explosions look fantastic. Your squad's character designs are good, but the Mexican rebels' character designs could use work (again). Also, the game's shadowing and lighting detail are excellent. GRAW 2's sound is also great; good voice overs, good gunshot sounds, good vehicle sounds.

The controls may be a little difficult to get used to at first if you are new to the GRAW series, but once you do, you'll have a blast. You can access weapons faster in this game. I'm still dissapointed that it takes so long just to lob a grenade, but you probably won't use grenades that much.

GRAW 2's Campaign mode is a blast. The storyline is very well done and the high amount of enemies in a level keeps you entertained. Sadly, the multiplayer mode is still very boring. I still wish that you could do the campaign in co-op mode with a friend, but GRAW 2 still hasn't implemented that yet. It would make a truly great gaming experience. The multiplayer campaigns are fun for minutes, even on Xbox Live. One of your team members will probably kill you, and then the mission is done for you.

Overall, GRAW 2 is one of the best squad based shooters you'll ever play. It is an improvement from the first game, and is a must have for those who liked the original. Bottom line: The Campaign mode is incredible and will be fun no matter how many times you play through it. The multiplayer mode will keep you entertained for minutes and then you'll never want to play it again.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/30/07