Review by threadysparrow

"This game rocks and I love it"

Let me start with this and get it out of the way.

Graphics: Sure there are games that show more detail, but for the amount of items in the levels, and the amount of action, graphically this game is excellent. It runs at a decent framerate, which I never understood all the hype about 60 FPS since the human eye can only see at 30 FPS. The only flaw in the graphics department is a few minor clipping problems here or there, but what game doesn't have this?

5/5

Sound: Oh my GOD! When explosions happen, I freak out! Also, when You are running through a level and you can hear all of the little pings and clanks of your equipment and you can hear your footsteps on concrete, grass, and wood, you know that the team put a lot of effort into their product. Whenever you do anything, anything at all, like switch to your cross cam, hug up against a wall, hear bullets pass by, and anything else you can think of during war, there is an excellent sound to it. The foley artists did an amazing job. The music in the game is wonderful to the ear. When you are in an intense firefight and the orchestra is kicking it up, you know that stuff is about to hit the fan. And the orchestra does a great job at producing these moments

5/5

Gameplay: Ok here is my 4/5 review. First of all let me say that I love being able to switch to zoomed mode quickly and not have to wait for an animation to finish (like watching the scope move up to your eye first) I also love that the wall hugging is intuitive and that the game knows when I need to move up to a wall for cover and it knows to croutch down when I am behind low cover. I also love the fact that my gun has a red dot on it, no matter which gun I choose. But, one problem is that I can never get my teammates to move exactly where I need them. There always seems to be a problem getting one or more teammates to move to the desired cover and I will have to order them again. Sometimes this gets one of them hurt or killed. Also, sometimes when I want to stand all the way up, I need to press the button in and hold it, and once and a while he won't stand up and then I need to press the button again.

4/5

Other than that minor issue, this game is fun for everyone out there, no matter if you play it solely for the multiplayer, which features tons of game modes, tons of maps, and tons of guns, or if you are looking for a great story to follow up on the original. The game is excellent all around. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go hold off rebels while I wait for my chopper.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08

Game Release: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (US, 03/06/07)