Review by Perfect Light

"How is this a kid game?"

Loving the Meet the Robinsons movie, my wife decided to try out the game in case our kids would ever want to play it. And let me tell you, I'm not sure who they were making this game for, but it sure isn't for kids.

GRAPHICS AND SOUND: 7/10
Not terrible but at least it follows the style of the movie. The characters and settings all look pretty much the same and are decently well-done, at least for tie-in movie game, which as most people know have a reputation of being terrible in all departments. I will say that at least the graphics aren't a let-down. Not many of the sounds from the game were in the movie, but the voice actors return to reprise their roles, so it works on a basic level. Everything from here, however, is just a downward spiral.

CONTROLS: 3/10
This is the first WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? I've never seen such a crazy and ridiculous way to set up a game's control scheme. Firing weapons should be the Right Trigger, why mess with something that works for everything else. The game's control scheme is so convoluted that half the time you're trying to remember which button does what because of its sheer lack of natural intuition. The button placements just make NO sense at all. Why is the left bumper even included in firing weapons? Not only that, but the manual aiming is insanely hard to actually pull off.

GAMEPLAY: 2/10
As I said before, I'm not sure who exactly this game was being made for. At the start, everything seemed to be fine, but it didn't take long for the game to get ball-bustingly hard. Without a difficulty setting to change, it seemed there was no way around this. As soon as we reached the mid-point of the game, the difficulty ramped up at a degree that would make a mountain-climber cringe. Sentry bots spew never-ending robots to fight you and with the terrible controls killing them is insanely challenging. As a player of Mass Effect and the like, this game kicked my butt. The constant stream of enemies and one-shot kill turrets was enough to make you tear your hair out. Any fan of the movie would likely be a young child, and I would personally pay to see any youngster able to tackle the later levels of this game, especially the vanishing platform sections.

OVERALL: 2/10
Just don't even bother with this. It's a frustrating "platformer" that leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. Stick with Ratchet and Clank games, as that seems to be what they tried and failed horribly to emulate.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 02/02/10

Game Release: Disney's Meet the Robinsons (US, 03/27/07)