Question from flechetteXXX

Alchemy?

Im thinking about picking up the skill alchemy early on so that I can get better effects from the potions I collect and the potions that require alchemy. Ive been finding a lot of potions that require the skill alchemy to consume but all they say is "speed" or "healing". So my question is are the effects from these potions permanent or are they temporary like the other potions?

flechetteXXX provided additional details:

Thank you greatly for the answer and description!

MightyThor777 answered:

DO NOT GET ALCHEMY!! I got it on one of my characters and found it to be a terrible choice. The trophy potion items are very temporary... I don't think they even last as long as the regular potions, maybe like 10 seconds. And you can't hotkey them either.

So mid battle, you will have to open your inventory and go find the potion you want, which is really not viable in alot of situations, or if you have a cluttered inventory. And I don't know of anywhere you can buy the trophies either, so they are very limited anyway.

I guess in the PC version you can probably hotkey them, which would make the skill not totally useless. But as far as I could tell, Alchemy and Blacksmithing are both broken/useless on the 360 version.

It also supposedly increases strength of potions, but I didn't notice it working with mentor potions... Maybe it adds a few seconds more duration though.

With all that said, some of the trophy bonus's are pretty decent... But your much better off picking a skill like Speed Lore or Constitution instead.
0 0