Question from LinkZero13

How Do I Kill Reavers Attacking the Com Array?

I'm on Act 5, Chapter 3 and it takes about 30 seconds to kill one of the Reavers with a turret, and that's with one that has landed and is standing still. Which needless to say, means that killing the ones that are flying around and are on screen for no more than 5 seconds is impossible. Anyone know how to get past this part? I'm playing it on Hardcore, and I'm good enough that all other parts of the game are a little challenging, but fairly simple, but this part just seems impossible.

LinkZero13 provided additional details:

The problem is only 1 or 2 will land on any given try, sometimes none at all. And I have to kill at least 5.

LinkZero13 answered:

Well I basically figured it out on my own. For some reason I completely forgot you could zoom in (left trigger) with the turret. I was doing it all on the fly, making my shots completely inaccurate. Once I zoomed in, beat it on the first try. I feel like such an idiot lol
0 0

Answers

KingOfPikmin answered:

Same way you kill any other reavers...focus on the ones that have landed tho not just the ones that fly by
0 0

OnlyForOpinion answered:

i found it better to go to the far turret for some reason but whatever. Try to shoot at the reavers that are sort of flying directly towards the building and aim a little in front of them, but only the slightest. the pattern and code the reavers fly in is completely unpredictable but some of the patterns will be easier than others. Oh and once you see the building in the background fall down, and there doesn't seem to be any reavers flying around, this pretty much means you've failed and unless you only need to kill one more and you're confident that you kan shoot down the single hardest and final reaver that comes, its best to just revert to the checkpoint. I know this part is a btch to complete but the way to do it is with skill and luck. one more thing is that i a reaver has already made you aim up... DON't shoot the legs, instead just aim for another one FURTHER AWAY. and finally the reavers that may or may not land, yeah well dont kill them until the sky is basically clear. They're like your last resort.
0 0

negative-creep answered:

This part is a real pain. The Reaver pattern seems a bit random - sometimes they'll come in groups and other times alone so there is an element of luck involved. The way I did it was to ignore any that have landed, as all their shots fly overhead, and keep firing on the ones flying by the bridge. The gun is slow to track so you will need to aim just in front of their body.

Once they've flown past the dish ignore them and concentrate on another. If the building in the background falls, the next shot will destroy the comm so chances are you'll fail. It basically means you need to take them out very quickly.
0 0