Question from ImSpife

Does Shoryuken have invincibility frames?

I've noticed a few times that you can shoryuken through fireballs, I take this to mean that it has invincibility frames (is there another name for this?). My question is, is this so? Can you use the frames to "go through" other attacks? What are the frames?
Thanks.

Answers

brownpantZ answered:

Kens Shoryuken is not invincible, however, the hitbox is tiny, and only around kens head. due to the upward nature of the shoryuken this can be used to go through hadoukens. although i wouldent suggest it.

Ryu's shoryuken has a slightly bigger hitbox.

Akuma's Shoryuken is invincible on the way up, but not on the way down.

So although these could be used to Avoid fireballs and other moves, i wouldent get into the habit of it, due to it not being hugely reliable, unless your akuma of course, when it could prove useful if you got the timing down.
1 0

-smokemare answered:

The easiest way to learn the hitboxes for moves and characters is to go to training mode and switch visible hitboxes on. then just keep practicing the moves and look at the boxes that appear. Ryu and Ken have varying invincible frames throughout the dragon punch for each different strength punch. Their light punch for example is more invincible. I suspect the same is true for Akuma, and even Sagat with his Tiger uppercut.

Using training mode with hitboxes on will show you exactky which frames are invincible.
0 0