Review by XShadowStrike99

"It was a great game before and its a good game now"

This is the 3rd installment of the Guitar Hero series. The games introduces over 70 new songs and a new Guitar the Les Paul. While improving some things from Guitar Hero 2 it also lost some great features which made Guitar Hero 2 seem better than Guitar Hero 3.

Graphics-8/10
They aren't amazing but they aren't bad either. Its kinda like a mixed bag of colors. The character detail is great in fact it's really good. They made them seem like their real. The other things in the game(i.e the crowd) isn't great they look like paper figures. The other things like detail on the Guitars is good but not amazing. Like I said a mixed bag of colors.

Soundtrack-9/10
This is the best part of the game in fact all the games. The Soundtrack for this game is the best of all the Guitar Hero's. The songs are fun to play over and over. The Soundtrack includes a lot great songs from Old artists(i.e Rolling stones) the game shows what date the track was released. The Soundtrack has amazing songs from a lot of Great artist's from every period of time from 1966-2006.

Sound-8/10
The sound is good I mean its a GH game after all. Some of the songs require you to turn up the volume to hear but otherwise no problem with the sound.

Gameplay-6/10
This was a major letdown for me and lots of people. If you played the previous Guitar Hero you will notice why. The gameplay remains the same as the previous installments of Guitar Hero. You get the 5 color buttons to press and hit the notes to complete the song. Now the bad thing about GH3 is that some of the notes are off. When you're playing you might hit the note and miss which is bad. The notes feel off most of the time meaning that you might not hit them. The other weird part is the Difficulty some of the tiers are off meaning 1 tier might be easy , the next insanely hard and then the next medium.

Overall-7.5/10
The game might have improved by having a better Soundtrack and better Graphics then the last but it also lost some its best key features which made it seem less fun to play then the last GH. I was disappointed with this GH it didn't stand out at all. The Gameplay pretty much ruined a lot of the Potential toning the game down. Overall if your a fan of GH(like I am) get the game if not you might wanna try renting and see how it plays out.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/02/07

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)