Review by 22sniper319

"The Game That Makes YOU A Legend of Rock"

Now having experience with the first two Guitar Heroes, I must say this is the best installment yet. No questions, this game is awesome. Not perfect, but something that'll keep you busy for a long time.

Concept: Everyone who is a fan of Guitar Hero knows that every game has been about jamming to some great songs. No different here.

Graphics: No Problem here. They're standard for a 360 game. The characters move fluidly as if they were really playing, and your other fellow band members are very eccentric and funny looking, but it fits in perfectly with the story.

Sound: The sound is superb; plain and simple. Even for a rhythm game it's above average. Not much here.

Story:There is, in fact, a bit of a story here. I don't want to give it away since it isn't a very big deal and obviously is not the main point of the game, but I will say it's satrical and fun.

Gameplay: This is where the game shines. It's like the first two (or three) except for a couple of new things. There are 8 tiers in all, getting harder and more difficult as you go through them. At the end of each there is an encore; an extra song in which you play to progress through the game. There is also the newest thing: battle mode. Basically, you play person or the computer and face off. You get battle gems which mess with your opponent. It's a lot of fun, and pretty epic in career mode. There isn't much else to say; its Guitar Hero at its finest.

Guitar: Wireless and better than ever. The buttons are a bit different, and the pick allows you to do better hammer-ons and pull-offs. One problem I do have is the sound of the pick can get loud, which makes hearing the actual music a bit difficult.

Difficulty: BEWARE: This game may kick your feeble, guitar playing butt all over the floor. No doubt it's fun, but it is also very challenging at parts. If you like a good challenge you're in for quite a ride. If you're a short tempered person who hates starting things over again; No doubt it's a fun game, but you may find yourself making like The Who and smashing your guitar all over the room.

A fun game with some great tunes to jam to. I highly recommend this game to people who enjoy rock music, play guitar, and any fan;casual or hardcore, of the series and rhythm games in general.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/05/07

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)