Review by McLovin46

"Saints Row 1 just wasnt good enough!"

Could this game get much better? I've seen all kinds of games like this before, but nothing that comes close to comparing to this game.

Lets start with the graphics. These graphics are just amazing. Unlike GTA's graphics, which are outrageously horrible, Saints Row 2 puts great detail into the game. Could GTA really have done something this amazing? I mean, the detail put into the cars, clothing and even your character in general. Why didn't GTA thought of allowing you to chose what race, hair color, hairstyle, height and body language all with great detail to show you exactly what has been done to your character? The graphics put into Saints Row 2 brought a new era to the video game idea.

Now lets get on with the actual game play, shall we? The entire theme of this game is so realistic and not much of this is impossible in the real world. Matter of fact I don't think anything in this game is impossible in the real world. The missions and strongholds are just one of the amazing things in the game. Along with activities where you blow things up for money and respect? Come on, that's just classic. Also, having to get your gang back together is another thing that I love about this game. In that GTA:SA, your gang basically waits for you to get back. If your supposed to be the leader and you suddenly bail out, your gang probably wont hold together too long. Don't get me wrong, San Andreas is a great game, but Saints Row 2 just blows it out of the park.

How about out of mission fun? You can do just about anything really. Drive around, buy cars, buy beer, blunts and all kinds of other things. Might as well get high for old times sake. This game also has actual car dealers and boat dealers. You have to steal your whips in GTA games. Don't take it the wrong way though, I'm sure most people would rather get a free car than pay for it. I'm just saying that it's a unique feature added onto this already amazing game. Getting high and completely drunk is pretty fun too. How many games have you played that you can go to the gas station, buy a blunt or two, then go get baked out on the streets somewhere? And just like real life, if you smoke or drink around a cop in this game, he begins to chase you and tries to arrest you. Could it get anymore classic than that?

Dislikes of the game:
Wow, do I even have any dislikes? Besides the fact that when you drive, and someone wants to switch lanes, they don't bother to check if someones there. They just switch lanes. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want someone to ram into me while I'm driving one of my really nice cars. Besides that, there isn't anything I don't like about it.

Overall, it's a great game that was thought out very well.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/15/09

Game Release: Saints Row 2 (US, 10/14/08)