The expansion pack is making my game freeze or just not work, please help?

1. I bought the Anchorage and Pitt dlc from a store and now I cant load my saved games?
    also I got frustrated and started a new one and got to the part where you have to escort dad and the scientist into project purity and once inside they wont move from the front door? I have brocken steel and point lookout also installed so i have the patches and my game is worse off now then before, i am loosing a level 30 character and cant even restart another,

User Info: themayor2617

themayor2617 - 7 years ago
    Does this get rid of my saves?

User Info: TSV1860

TSV1860 - 6 years ago

1. Try clearing your caches:

On the Dashboard go to the System Settings menu, Memory, then press Y and press the Cache Clear Button (Using this method will delete ALL game patches off your system as well as the Temporary Files so you'll have to re-download the updates before you can play your games again), (This method was Introduced with the August 11th 2009 update).

OR

On the Dashboard go to the System Settings menu, Memory, then press Y for Device Options then press X-X-LB-RB-X-X (Using this method will delete ALL game patches off your system as well as the Temporary Files so you'll have to re-download the updates before you can play your games again).

OR

Hold The LB, RB and X buttons while the GAME is loading from the Dashboard and hold until you see the 2nd Bethesda Splash screen (Using this method will clear out Fallout 3's temporary files which means loading and saving will take longer until the files are re-cached).

It's possible your console is about to RROD.

The Waters Of life Glitch you've mentioned is a common bug with no known cure other than starting a new game and praying it doesn't happen again.

Fallout 3 is A VERY buggy game and prone to crashing at will so turn off ALL the Auto save options as all they do corrupt the saves and NEVER overwrite saves as that causes corruption as well.

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. I'll have to try that, I managed to get the scientist to move push manually pushing them to the door and the compuer took over, but now I am at the final mission of project purity and sara lyons keeps saying the area is not secure and she wont allow the convorsation to come where you two decide who is going to turn on the purifier, if you can offer any help to this as well I would really appreciate it

User Info: themayor2617

themayor2617 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. As I said in my previous post this quest is badly bugged and 9 times out of 10 the only cure is to start a new game from the start.

PS: Do you have the 1.5.0.23 patch installed?

User Info: itwizz

itwizz (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0