Question from themalakian

HELP! DogMeat?!?!

I Was in the tunnels on my way to the citadel and when that guy turns feral down there, Dogmeat shows up out of nowhere and attacks him, killing him! I made sure I left him at my house in Megaton before I started my quest. Anyways, once we get to the gate ALL the guards kill him with fire!! Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it besides restarting?

Answers

Fadingsilence answered:

If you got the message saying he was dead, then he is gone, the game probably glitched and the wait command was overrode and when he killed the guy he became hostile.
1 0

SanelySick answered:

My Dogmeat randomly appeared when I was in the tunnels too, but I didn't notice until I went back home for him and found him missing.
After long searches I figured out I had to backtrack through the tunnels to find him.
Apparently he automatically goes to the tunnels no matter where you leave him. So if you want to keep him I'd load the game and super protect him this time. Or send him to the vault right before the part where he died? You could probably even tell him to stay and go back for him later.
0 0

Game-Helper answered:

If you want some really good advice, I keep my Dog meat in my megaton house, and since I'm good i didn't blow up megaton. Some good advice, get that mission done before you get Dog meat.

- Game-Helper
0 0

Dogmeat? Answered Verdugo04
Where did dogmeat go? Answered GeneralXDisaray
Where's Dogmeat? Open empire99006
Dogmeat MIA? Open ybtone79
Dogmeat? Dogmeat? Answered Ben_the_ben