Question from Coppo_68

Can I hack the RobCo Mainframe with enough science skills to barely operate a mouse?

For Moira's Wasteland Survival Guide section 3, one of the tasks is to install the processor widget into the RobCo production facility mainframe. The optional task is to hack into that mainframe and reprogram the protectrons.

The problem is that it requires an Average hacking skill. I really do not want to have to level up and waste valuable skill points on science if that's the only computer I aim on hacking. Is there a way to obtain a password for it from elsewhere, and if so, where?

If not, are there any infinite respawning Big Book of Science books? I'd try Lesko's Lab Coat to boost science by 10, but that as well as the Mentats still don't get me high enough to hack the mainframe.

ThatTwinTom answered:

Since the terminal is only average and requires 50 science skill to hack i would suggest w8ing to finish that quest until you have 50 science skill since hacking is a small part of the game but it is very useful to have at least 50 science to hack turrent control systems and various terminals that open doors/saves and stuff.
You could just not hack the mainframe since that part is optional but i wouldnt suggest it since you get a better perk at the end of the survival guide if you do all of the optionale
2 0

Answers

sgttaters answered:

there is a respawning big book of science, u r lucky. It is one of 2 respawning skill books, the other being U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in Bethesda HQ. The respawning Big book of Science is in Shalebridge on a dead ant researcher. I was never able to find it myself, but he is there.
0 0

noobpower13 answered:

I suggest you get the science skill needed, it really gets useful later...
othe than that, no i dont know where the password is
0 0