Question from Trenton357

Purple Vault?

I know I could probably just figure this out on my own, but I'm lazy, and frankly this vault scares me. I'm not sure of the vault number, but I think it's in either zone 4 or 5. It's pretty run-down but there are several crazed vault dwellers in it. That's simple enough, but every once and awhile as you progress through it, the screen goes purple, and you start hallucinating. Can Anyone tell me the purpose of this vault if any?

Trenton357 provided additional details:

Cool, thanks a lot for the info, but can you just tell me what's wrong...One bobble-head isn't enough for me to go back down there...Sorry...

Bahamut_42 answered:

It's Vault 106, if I remember correctly. There are multiple computers you can hack into that explain what's going on. They explain, if I remember right, that the vault air purification system dispenses a hallucinogen into the air, causing the 'purple/blue' sights. There is also a bobblehead somewhere in the vault. There are no effects of the hallucinogen after you leave the vault.

p.s. When you enter the Vault 106 science labs, look through the first window to your left... does something seem wrong there?
1 0

Answers

Chi999 answered:

This vault was used to test the effect of what would happen if various drugs were pumped into the vault by the ventalation system. Of course everyone ended up going insane.
1 0