Picking up the trail help. Where is Rothchild?

1. Ok so I spoke to Elder Lyons etc, and checked the computer that told me about Vault 87. It now asks me to go tell Rothchild about what i learned. Problem is I cant find him!
    The quest marker is pointing out in the middle of nowhere up near Big Town, and when I go there I find nothing, and it's then aimed with a dotted ling back to the Citadel and then to where Im standing. I'm guessing that is where Vault 87 is, but I cannot find it, and Im suppose to be talking to Rothchild. Is my game glitched? I wandered the whole Citadel and couldnt find him.
    Help anyone?
    I've done all sidequests as I learnt once u finish u finish, so there isnt anything else I can do, and my last save is like hours ago!

User Info: jimmy_maz

jimmy_maz - 7 years ago

1. I found him near Dr li in the citadel lab, he is wearing a red robe and the vault tec headquarters is in the same lab.

User Info: couger81

couger81 - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Scribe Rothchild was in the lab area of the citadel both before I accessed the vault tec pc and after I found out about vault 87. A marker on bigtown? It's either a glitch or your self-made marker was on Big Town while you had the Picking up the trail quest active. There's no reason for him to leave the Citadel. Check the lab again, I found him in front of the Liberty robot talking to Elder Lyons

User Info: gold_prevalence

gold_prevalence - 7 years ago 2 1
  2. Um, IF your game is glitching, I found the Vault-Tec headquarters, and there's a computer that gives you the location of all of the vaults, including 87. I'm not exactly sure where it's at, but the Vault-Tec headquarters is somewhere in the DC ruins.

User Info: Bahamut_42

Bahamut_42 (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. Yea mine is doing the same thing, there are two markers and one is in the citadel and the other is in the middle of nowhere. I wonder if i go to where the vault is, cause i can just find where it is, if the game will continue. But this is really making me mad too, and I better be able to continue the game. I am gonna try to find some other answers

User Info: IROBOT_546

IROBOT_546 - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. Rothchild is A kid in little lamp light. if you have the perk(Child at Heart)he will let you in to the caves(the location of Vault 87)

If you don't have the perk you have to do the quest Rescue from Paradise then you can go in to the caves and go get the G.E.C.K.

User Info: glock_187

glock_187 - 7 years ago 0 3
  5. glock... it is mayor maccready.. not rothchild. Rothchild is a scribe in BoS

User Info: MoonPhoenix

MoonPhoenix - 7 years ago 2 1
  6. Hey yeah same thing happened to me. I don't know what to do now because Rothchild is nowhere to be found.

User Info: xbox900assassin

xbox900assassin - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. Try reloading to the latest save before you checked out the terminal. Worked for me, I found him walking around the Courtyard with Elder Lyons. Hope that helps.

User Info: xbox900assassin

xbox900assassin - 7 years ago 0 0
  8. Yeah, same thing's happening to me. I know where Vault 87 is, so I'm just going to go there. I dont think talking to Rothchild will be necessary.

User Info: bleh32_

bleh32_ - 7 years ago 0 0
  9. The same thing hapend to me i tryed fast traveling to one spot and back, waiting for days and going away and doing other quests for a while and nothing worked so i started a new game and the it worked rothchild was there and i beat the game.

User Info: spazz1994

spazz1994 - 7 years ago 0 0
  10. I had trouble with this once when I did this, I just decided to go stright to vault 87, but i found him later, He's always wanderig around in the underworkings of the citidel, usually in the lab, but in the end you dont even have to talk to him. Although, If you get Broken Steel you can give him cameras and sensor devices, so if you want to make caps that way finding him is going to catch up with you and be a pain in the ass (every time I've gone to sell him my cameras, I cant find him for like 4 minuets)

User Info: RisenImperfect

RisenImperfect - 6 years ago 0 0
  11. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one with rot-child problems. (In my game he was stuck in a room near the lab.) You need to find Vault 87 by yourself. Start of by heading towards little lamplight and through those caverns. images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/7/73/LL_loc.jpg Here's one map to help locate it. (I know it sucks, but try to look at the roads on this map to figure out where LL is.

User Info: MaKoNes10

MaKoNes10 - 6 years ago 0 1
  12. This is a game glitch. I think if you try to fully explore the beds at night all around the citidel, youll find him. This happend to me once when i was blowing thorough dialogue way 2 fast. Rothchild frequents the bottom lab and A Ring. If your game clock is about near midnight start looking on beds all around the citital. When rothchild istnt working he generally sleeps late and wakes up very early in the morning. Rothchild has whiite hair and is blading wearing as mentioned before the red scribe robe.

User Info: GameGrudge

GameGrudge - 6 years ago 0 0