.Do containers have limited capacity?

1. I'd like to know if containers have any kind of capacity. Weight? Number of items?

I'm asking because I'm dumping the most usefull items in Point Lookout (Lever Action Rifles, all the Punga Fruit, Blood Packs, Cameras, Scrap Metal, Teddy Bears etc.) into the footlocker under the Passenger Cot on the boat and I wouldn't like to lose some item if I exceed the capacity. This happened in Oblivion.

User Info: les777

les777 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Just to correct what Blank_Empty wrote all the containers in fallout DO NOT respawn their contents like they did in oblivion so it's completely safe to use any container, anywhere as storage.
    The only thing you need to worry about is if there's anyone that walks by that container like raiders or anyone else because they tend to just help themselves to whats inside.

User Info: diablo5843

diablo5843 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Containers do not have a limited capacity, but there could be a chance that the container respawns it's goods. This means any items you put into the container will be lost. Some safe places to store your loot include your house, containers with rare items, quest items, and containers which were locked. I do not believe the issue of disappearing items will occur as they did in Oblivion.

On a side note, the chest at the base of the bed is supposed to be used as storage. It is empty because it does not respawn items.

I used this chest to carry over 300 pounds of gear to various stores. It took a few trips though.

User Info: Blank_Empty

Blank_Empty - 6 years ago 0 1
  3. No plain and simple

User Info: falloutking231

falloutking231 - 6 years ago 1 1
  4. diablo5843 is right. The only way you will ever lose any item you put into a box/ammo crate/locker/ect is if a raider or some other character comes by and relized your goodies are unguarded. there are a few places scattered around the game where you can have your itmes just laying out of the floor (correct me if im wrong on a few of these) but there is a room you can by in rivet city that you can "decorate" with weapons or what not laying around, the same goes with your house of course (tenpenny tower or megaton) the railey's rangers compound, and my favorite a little shack to the north by fort constantine

User Info: tharealg94

tharealg94 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. I don't know about in the Point Lookout DLC, but I haven't noticed a limit of any kind in containers in the main game. I left over 3,000 pounds of items in a mailbox once and came back 20 levels later and it was still there.

User Info: Cyberslam8

Cyberslam8 - 3 years ago 0 0