Question from jirosky

How do I deal with over encumberment?

This is a real problem for me i get stuck out in the wasteland and spend forever trying to get better or travel to a nearby town. Can anyone help me?

This happens when you are carrying more weight than you should be, slowing you down.Simply remove any items of heavy weight which aren't of use for you, and you should eventually be able to run again.

Otherwise, increasing your strength and endurance S.P.E.C.I.A.L points may also work.

It helps to have a follower with you so that you can dump items on them that you don't need right away (like additional copies of weapons you're already carrying, stuff you plan on trading for caps like cigarette cartons, etc.). You can also carry a small supply of beer with you which boosts your strength enough to carry a few more pounds of stuff until it wears off.

There is also a perk you can take at level 8 called strong back that enables you to carry 50lbs more. Otherwise just boost your strength. Buffouts help str+2.

If you have a decent repair skill you should combine copies of weapons and armor you plan on selling or supplies that you use yourself. It cuts down on weight and improves the selling value and damage or damage resistance of the equipment.