Companions?

1. Who is the best ally and why. also where can you find them and when

User Info: zez4eva

zez4eva - 5 years ago

Answers

1. I think its the dog and he lives in the junkyard. I believe its him because you can tell him to find ammo and guns and food from nearby. Also if you pick a certain skill he will have puppies so you get more dogs.

User Info: lessthanjake21

lessthanjake21 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. I'm not personally fond of companions in Fallout 3 - most are useless to me because I can do what needs to be done myself.

However, as lessthanjake said, Dogmeat is useful. Especially if you have alien weapons - he seems to find alien ammo everywhere! Very weird, but very helpful. And you can pick him up at anytime in the scrapyard (NE of vault 101, across the river, if you hit Minefield you've gone to far north, Agatha's house/Meresti trainyard you're too far west, Wheaton armor/city ruins you're too far east).

The only companion I really enjoyed traveling with was Fawkes. He's the most useful imo (he's great in a fight) and I like the character. You can't get him as a companion though until you begin the quest "Finding The Garden of Eden" in Vault 87. Just be careful be you could accidentally kill him just before adding him as a companion...

User Info: romana86

romana86 - 5 years ago 0 0