Question from zez4eva

Rare weapons?

Can someone tell me where there are rare/good/special weapons are.

Once again, look up Orcidea on youtube. He tells you how to get every single weapon in the game.

Well, some of the best weapons can't be had until you complete certain quests or experience random events.

For specifics, I recommend the Fallout 3 weapons page at the Fallout wikia. It has a list of all the game weapons and their stats. Keep in mind that not all rare/special weapons are good weapons, and how good the weapon is depends on the skills you've given your character.

For example, my character has a very high small guns skill and a very low big guns skill, so I do more damage with a silenced .44 than I do with a minigun.

So, if I were you I'd look for the best weapons in my preferred skill, not best weapons overall.

Also - some of the best/rare weapons have limited and/or difficult to find ammo, which also makes them less-than-ideal for long-term gameplay. Keep that in mind as well.

Rare weapons:

Alien Blaster/ Firelance- The most useful ranged weapon in the game, found near the crashed alien ship, Firelance is found in a random encounter.

MIRV- This is THE MOST POWERFUL weapon in the game, I belive its damage is well over 1000. It is found in the Ranger Compound, and is very difficult to obtain. It is a shotgun version of the Fat Man, firing 8 mini nukes at once.

Its actually found in the national guard depot south of vault 108 or the robot repair center.

Go to the FAQs section and look it up yourself. There are waaaaay too many rare and unique weapons in this game to list them here.