Question from FieryIllusion

Character Maxing - S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes?

Could someone list all the items that cause PERMANENT S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute increases? For example, Power Armor increases strength by 2, but it can be removed/you can choose to not wear it. What I'm looking for is something like Ant Might which increase Strength permanently by 1, so I am looking for others that do the same. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - You don't have to list bobbleheads, I know that they increase stats.

Shadow122333 answered:

If you want to easily max out your stats then you will need the broken steel DLC and NONE of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. raising bobbleheads. First, get to level 30, get the almost perfect perk (which raises all your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats to 9) then get the bobbleheads which will raise all your stats to 10 and voila, all S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats are at the max. Without the DLC, just get all the bobbleheads complete the oasis quest (like stehlthninjabob says you get +1 endurance) and get ant might or ant sight
3 1

Answers

jubg11 answered:

I only know two and you've already listed one above, I'm guessing the other one is Ant Sight which improves perception by 1 permanently. The downside is you have to choose one or the other. But there is another perk which improves stats permanently which is Intense Training ( I think thats what it is called). I haven't seen an ITEM that improves S.P.E.C.I.A.L permanently other than the bobble heads, so i have to say you're out of luck on that goal.
1 2

EvilDeanius answered:

I think someone in Big Town gives you an item which permenantly increases Luck by 1. You have to save them from the super mutant attack.
1 4

ApocalypticFire answered:

The quest THOSE allows you to choose a perk that increases either your perception or strength but you have to do what the scientist tell you to for the perk-----TimeBomb in big town will give you a lucky ball that increases your luck by 1 he is inside reds clinic if you have a high enough medicine skill skill revive him then talk to him use the good speech options and he will give it to you-----Finally theres the intense training perk you can get everytime you level up it allows you to increase one of your SPECIAL skills by 1
0 2

Manoil answered:

The best course of action is, when you are choosing your SPECIAL stats at Vault 101, to ensure none are any higher than 9. Bobbleheads will give you an additional stat point for every category, and the Intense Training Perk can give you a stat point of your choice, and can be done up to ten times.
Also, the Fire Ants quest in Grayditch allows you to have a perk of your choice (Ant Sight or Ant Might) that can give you increased strength or increased perception.

Beyond that, there's only so much you can do.
1 2

niceboy23 answered:

Unfortunately, you cannot max out your SPECIAL stats but you can, however, get very close.

You can obtain 59 SPECIAL points without counting that of your equipment, with the 40 base, 10 Intense Training, 7 bobbleheads, the Luck raising item, and AntSight/Might.
1 2

stehlthninjabob answered:

You can also get +1 END from Oasis quest
3 1

jackwinz1 answered:

The little girl (Forgot her name) in Oaois can give you a bear charm the gives you 1 Charm forever, though I think you need to do a speech check and kill "The Talking Tree".
0 2

Grandstream answered:

Finding the seven SPECIAL bobbleheads gives you an instant perk increase by 1, but if you want to engineer a character, the best thing to do is reduce luck to 1 and max out Intelligence so you can get 20 skill points with each level up. And then if you get the Broken Steel expansion and hit level 30, pick the final perk that increases your SPECIAL rankings to 9 that aren't at 9. That way, when you're at level 30, you should have nearly all your skills maxed out.
0 2

chrisyg103 answered:

Jackwinz, your thinking of Yew's Bear Charm, which does not increase your "Charm" (by which I think you meant Charisma)
The Bear Charm only permenantelly increases your speech by 10, kinda like a second Speech Bobblehead.
But I ramble on, for this does not increase any of your SPECIAL skills, and that is what this questions about.
0 1

cjisme answered:

Actually i i know 2 people that have maxed out S.P.E.C.I.A.L and all of there skills but it is very time consuming but if you get broken steel theres a perk that brings all stats to 9 so if you haven't gotten the bobble heads you can max out easily.
0 2

nobodymaneo answered:

the only way to really max out all of your SPECIAL stats requires Broken Steel. you must first hold off on getting any of the SPECIAL bobble heads until lvl 30. when you can get the perk "Almost Perfect", which raises all you special stats to 9. Afterwords go and collect all the SPECIAL bobble heads and you should have every SPECIAL stats at 10.
make sure you aren't holding the lucky 8 ball when you get the perk because if you drop the 8 ball it will lower your luck by one.
1 0

Musashi24 answered:

Ummm isnt it pointless once youve gone to lvl 30 cause i know i can pretty much kill everything if my stats are 7's and i have ton of items, and all rare items money, i can killl a behemoth with my assault rifle.. i think its pointless to waste time unless theyre going to raise lvl to 40 or higher
0 2