Question from m24bm

What is the best strategy for selling my items?

So I can get the most money from selling things like cartons of cigarettes?

It all depends on your barter skill as its affects the store prices and how high you can sell and it is likely that most merchants if not all have a high barter skill so they basically steal from you. so in all try to raise the skill (bobbleheads and books) and you should be making a decent amount of caps by selling.

Well...it basically comes down to your barter skill..and then the weight to caps amount ratio. Something I ended up doing to make a bunch of caps is picking up cartons of ciggs because they don't weigh much but they are worth a bunch. I also found that while this might not make you the MOST caps, it allows you to carry a bunch more stuff. When you pick up enemies weapons, use you repair skill, preferably high, and use some of the guns to repair other guns. For instance, I came to to time where I was picking up more than ten Assault Rifles amoung other weapons. Each isn't worth much, but if you repair each of them, you will have 2 or 3 really nice guns that you can sell for a high amount of caps. This allows you to bring much more to the shop each time you go, and this strat...I have way more caps than I would ever need.

If you convince Moira to give up on the survival guide you not only get a discount but you also get paid more. If you get the twenty chinese asult rifles for the slaver you get a 20% discount. Also, buy any pre-war books, scrap metal, or high teck stuff, as they can be traded for much more than they're worth.