Question from TheRealMagnus

How do I get past Jefferson Memorial, Waters of Life quest?

Earlier in the game when I had to ask Doctor Li about my father, I never got a dialogue option. So I had to just go to the Jefferson Memorial and collect all of the tapes. Well I cleared the gift shot, Rotunda, and Sub-basement looking for them. Now with my Dad and the Doctor outside waiting for me to clear the whole area, I don't get a dialogue saying it's clear. I've looked around outside, and I've gone back through with the super mutant Fawkes / Dogmeat. Is it possible to get stuck in this quest? Do I have to start all over? Will killing any super mutant anywhere give me a quest complete?

TheRealMagnus provided additional details:

A similar question was answered and I followed the suggestion about going through it slowly. Here is the page perhaps someone will notice something I'm not. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/qna/939933.html?qid=12809

Answers

adffds answered:

All i can say is make sure you check behind every door in every room. this happened to me and i believe i checked the sub basement ( i think) and did a thourough search of every possible room and found a single super mutant ( i forget where).
0 0

Bahamut_MXII answered:

I also ran into this problem once. It is HIGHLY likely that you missed one in the sub basement because that is what I did and it is easy to do. So just go through the sub basement slowly and make sure to check every room and you will most likely find a super mutant. If not I hope you have another save :D
1 0

This1IS1gamefaq answered:

Kill the mutants then look through the sewwers for final thing then head back up and go in to the pirafication room
0 0