Question from Verdugo04

Dogmeat?

Before escaping the jefferson monument i told dog meat to wait at vault 101. Now that i arrived at the citadel i fast traveled to vault 101 and he was not there. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for the answer i wasnt sure if he disapeared or not.

From: shanzi02 6 years ago

It may be taking him more time to get there than it took you. Remember dogmeat cant fast travel on his own. Wait a few game days and check back. When i got dogmeat he kept getting killed so I took him to my megaton house and told him to wait there and he has been there everytime I went back!

If that's the case, could he die on his journey to Vault 101?

Dogmeat doesn't die while you're not around but there are cases that he can die if you're close enough to him. Example, sometimes deathclaws can spawn around Vault 101 and kill Dogmeat if you're in the radius where deathclaws and other enemies would spawn near Vault 101. You should rather take him somewhere safe if you have the time, rather than tell him to go to Vault 101. Such as a safehouse, or fast traveling to Vault 101, going inside, and telling him to wait.

To answer the original question, it usually takes a few days for Dogmeat to pop up and when he does, sometimes he'll be buried in the rocks because of the rendering lag making him blend in with the rocks and be harder to see so make sure to look carefully. Use the NPC marker on the compass for help.

The scrape yard is the place to find him but i got him when i got the special fat man killing a raider. He is very easy to die so give him a stimpack and he will be just fine besides i have like 100 something...

I say dogmeat to stay on 101, and when i came back his body was under the rocks, but i can talk to him

Dont worry it happens you can tell him to find something and he will run to get it BUT you may never see him for DAYS

He might be back at Megaton? If you told him to stay at Vault 101 then he should be there, but I am not sure. Have you checked back at the Jefferson Memorial for Dogmeat?

From my gameplay with Dogmeat the "wait at vault 101" dialogue doesn't work for me and he just stays right where he is. Try checking the place where you told him to leave.

If he did die, just get the Puppies! perk, if he/she dies, more will be born!!!! Of course, this is a perk you can only get if you buy the Broken Steel Expansion.