Question from Cluelessbrony

Trouble installing Fallout 3 DLC?

I have a used copy of Fallout 3 (GOTY edition). I've read online that disc 2 can be re-used. I have Fallout 3 installed. Whenever I try to install the DLC, it says 'An update is required to install this expansion pack. Would you like to perform the update?". When I click yes, it starts updating. After the circle goes around two times, it stops and freezes. What's going on, and can someone help me?

Answers

jammymacster answered:

Have you patched the game normally by connecting to LIVE? If so then try removing the patch by clearing your cache and then attempting to install again, the on-disc update might be conflicting.
If you haven't updated through LIVE then try doing so if you can, it might help skip the on-disc update step.

Most likely though it's a faulty disc.

How to clear your cache:
*Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
*Select Storage or Memory.
*Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
*Select Clear System Cache.
*When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
0 0

Installing Fallout 3 to hard drive?> Answered Nightroad101
Fallout 3: Future Fallout's and (Q's) ? and Greetings Answered EnclaveRemnant
Trouble with big trouble in big town? Answered bigglescat
Should I get Fallout 3, and which dlc 2nd? Answered falloutdan
**??Fallout 3??** Answered kroyal121