Trouble installing Fallout 3 DLC?

1. I have a used copy of Fallout 3 (GOTY edition). I've read online that disc 2 can be re-used. I have Fallout 3 installed. Whenever I try to install the DLC, it says 'An update is required to install this expansion pack. Would you like to perform the update?". When I click yes, it starts updating. After the circle goes around two times, it stops and freezes. What's going on, and can someone help me?

User Info: Cluelessbrony

Cluelessbrony - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Have you patched the game normally by connecting to LIVE? If so then try removing the patch by clearing your cache and then attempting to install again, the on-disc update might be conflicting.
    If you haven't updated through LIVE then try doing so if you can, it might help skip the on-disc update step.

Most likely though it's a faulty disc.

How to clear your cache:
    *Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    *Select Storage or Memory.
    *Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    *Select Clear System Cache.
    *When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

User Info: jammymacster

jammymacster - 3 years ago 0 0